servicmaster restoration by advanced company history timeline
With over twenty years of experience, ServiceMaster Restoration by Advanced has always, and will always continue to provide exemplary service to those in need during their worst hour. We look back at our accomplishments throughout the years, while looking forward to many more, serving the tri-state region.
- Chris, Jack and Judy Hitz see the need for a carpet and upholstery cleaning company in the Erie County, PA, and Chautauqua County, NY markets and decide to open up their shop, named Pro Clean Unlimited. The base of operations is located in Ripley, NY where the Hitz family was raised.
- Chris Hitz receives his first IICRC Certifications as CCT (Carpet Cleaning Technician) and UFT (Upholstery and Fabric Technician.)
- Chris Hitz receives a certification in WRT (Water Restoration Technician) after attending an IICRC sanctioned 3 day training in Toronto.
- Upon returning from this training, the company decides to make the first of many purchases of structural drying equipment.
- Pro Clean Unlimited becomes an IICRC Certified Firm.
- To better handle soot and fire damage cleanings, Chris Hitz receives a certification at the IICRC 4 day FSRT (Fire and Smoke Remediation Technician) course in Canandaigua, NY.
- Pro Clean Unlimited starts to include drywall patching, painting, trim and flooring replacement when fixing small repairs. By the end of 1999, the company is providing repairs to full homes including exterior and roofing repairs.
- The company makes the business decision to become a New York S-Corp and Pro Clean Unlimited, Inc. is born.
- Chris Hitz receives the designations MTC (Master Textile Cleaner), MSR (Master Smoke Restorer) and MWR (Master Water Restorer) from the IICRC.
- Pro Clean Unlimited, Inc. adds a division to the company, which focuses on emergency response to water damages; Advanced Drying & Restoration.
- The company adds the first of many Emergency Water Damage Response Units.
- The Asbury Elementary school building has a 6″ water main supply line break overnight causing damage to 75% of the new 125,000 square foot facility. Advanced saves all framing, drywall and installs millwork, allowing the construction of the building to continue alongside the restoration process, which saves valuable time and keeps the construction work on schedule.
- Advanced moves the company operations center to Erie, allowing them to better serve their clients in the heart of their service area.
- Advanced builds offices in a newly renovated, state of the art, 10,000 sq ft facility.
- Advanced Drying & Restoration is chosen as the DKI Diamond Affiliate serving Erie County Pennsylvania.
- In October, Buffalo, NY is hit by what the National Weather Service names Lake Storm “Aphid”, which dumps a whopping 33″ of snow on the city. Advanced mobilizes and responds to 47 families in need over the next 30 days, and helps to restore normalcy in the lives of those affected.
- Chris Hitz purchases the remaining shares of the company owned by Jack & Judy Hitz.
- After a year of working in DKI’s Diamond Affiliate program, Advanced decides to become a full member and purchases the franchise territory covering several counties in Northwestern PA, Western NY, and Northeastern OH.
- Nationwide Insurance chooses Advanced to be a pilot for Pennsylvania in their new Nationwide Blue Ribbon Claims Services, which speeds the claims process, qualifies the proper contractors needed and provides unmatched warranty service.
- July flooding prompts Advanced to have their highest single day call volume of 137 claims called in. Additional Emergency Water Response Units were put into production.
- Advanced brought more warehousing home by adding 50 storage vaults and increasing production and storage space to 18,000 sq ft.
- Advanced makes agreements with 12 additional companies to provide similar service to their Premier Claims Services.
- Advanced rolls out their free service, Advanced Preparedness Plus (APP), partnering with commercial structures throughout the service area, to help walk them through a disaster before it strikes.
- Chris Hitz becomes a certified Green Risk Professional by Vale Training Systems, making Advanced the only company within a 100-mile radius of Erie certified to perform restoration on a LEED Certified “green” building.
- February brings in the largest processed claims volume in the company’s history; 107 claims were taken in and processed involving ice damage, frozen water pipes, fire and even furnace puff backs. Advanced responds without a skip in service.
- The addition of the first Deionized Electronics Cleaning System is added to the company, expanding service lines to include full electronics restoration service and providing a 1-year no risk warranty with all electronics cleaned to ensure satisfaction.
- In July, Advanced is contacted by ServiceMaster Corporate and asked to help them expand coverage in the Erie Co., Crawford Co., Chautauqua Co., Ashtabula Co. areas.
- December 1st ServiceMaster Restoration by Advanced is born.
- Another cold winter brings a large volume of ice damming claims and largest revenue ever.
- Several large commercial water losses occur at the same time, meaning the need for 3 large trailer mounted desiccant dehumidifiers are needed all at the same time. Resources are coordinated, coming from Buffalo, Chicago, Toronto and Erie to assist.
- Another 200 air movers and 24 injection drying system are added to the Advanced arsenal to improve the quality of service.